By submitting your project via FilmFreeway.com to Inthrive Film Festival (the "Festival") and use of the Inthrive Film Festival website (the "Website"), you hereby agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions (the "Agreement").
1. The Festival is not responsible for the streaming quality of online submissions uploaded through FilmFreeway. If your entry is unable to be watched by our programmers due to issues with your upload, your film will be disqualified and no refund will be made. You are always free to include an additional private link through Vimeo or YouTube where your film may be seen in HD on the 'cover letter' portion of your submission.
2. Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2020.
3. The Festival does not pay screening fees under any circumstance. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen your film online without a screening fee or any other compensation if selected.
4. By submitting your film to the Festival, you agree to the following COMPETITION CERTIFICATION:
5. Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable.
6. All entries will be acknowledged by email or through the FilmFreeway communication system.
7. Entry must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the date of the deadline specified on the official FilmFreeway submission page.
8. If subsequent to its initial consideration, the Festival determines that a submission no longer meets all of the criteria listed above, the submission will be designated ineligible and no refund will be issued.
9. Selection of an entry to the Festival grants the Festival the right to reproduce or utilize a portion of your entry, and your name and likeness for promotional purposes without compensation. Filmmakers are responsible for securing clearances or legal permission for the use of any copyrighted musical, cinematic, or literary materials. Submission of an entry to the Festival does not guarantee that a work will be shown at the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to refuse to screen any film online or at the festival.
10.All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
- All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Filmmakers must complete the online registration form in full prior to submission.
- Each entered film must be submitted separately and pay a separate submission fee.
- Selected films will be notified via email using the information provided on the submitted entry form. Changes in contact information may be made by contacting InthriveFF@gmail.com . If your film is selected, the Festival will contact you regarding screening format requirements and related materials needed for the successful presentation and promotion of your project.
- Selected films wishing to be screened at our in person festival location.
- Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)
The content and design of the Website, including but not limited to the programming, text, images, artwork, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, video, audio, other copyrightable elements and the selection and arrangement thereof, are the property of the Festival. and/or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or assigns and are protected, without limitation, pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. The Website is also protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties, and all individual elements making up the Website are also copyrighted works.
By using the Website, you agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website. You agree not to reproduce, publish, distribute, display, broadcast, circulate, rent, lease or loan this Website or any of its elements or content to any third party (including, without limitation, display and distribution via a third party website) without the express prior written consent of the Festival. You agree not to disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, modify or create derivative works from this Website or its content for any purposes whatsoever. You further agree that you will not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture or extract information about usage or users, nor will you use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy this Website or its content.
Any unauthorized use of this Website is strictly prohibited and may subject the offender to civil liability and criminal prosecution under applicable federal and state laws.
USE OF WEBSITE
The Festival hereby grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable and non-transferable license to access and use the Website for non-commercial and personal use only. You may not sell or modify the Website, and you may not reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Website in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
As an express condition of your use of the Website, you warrant to Inthrive Film Festival that you will not use the Website for any unlawful purpose or purpose prohibited by this Agreement. If you violate any part of this Agreement, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of any material obtained through the Website.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You agree not to use, transfer, distribute or dispose of any information contained in this Website in any manner that could compete with the business of Inthrive Film Festival.
You agree to protect the proprietary rights of Inthrive Film Festival and all others having rights in this Website and its content during and after the term of this Agreement and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by Inthrive Film Festival or its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates or suppliers to protect their contractual, statutory and common law rights.
You agree to notify Inthrive Film Festival in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website infringes upon any copyright, trademark or other contractual, statutory or common law rights.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Inthrive Film Festival, its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates, their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third party providers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement by you.
You agree to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such violation.
We respect the privacy of our users. We will not disclose any personal information about you or your use of our Website or services except to conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process.
ERRORS AND CORRECTIONS
Inthrive Film Festival does not represent or warrant that this Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the information contained herein will be entirely correct. Inthrive Film Festival may make improvements and/or changes to the Website's features, functionality and content at any time.
This Agreement and all matters or issues collateral thereto will be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with Virginia laws. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between Inthrive Film Festival and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court in Richmond, VA, in The United States of America.
Copyright © 2023 Inthrive Film Festival: Celebrating the formerly incarcerated - All Rights Reserved.